Monday, April 10, 2006

My Day

I'm not much of a fan of these tag memes but as it's for one of my most frequent commenters, Dan from Adrift at Sea, I will respond this time.

The first meme is the Birthday meme where you go to Wikipedia and enter in the month and day of your birthday and pick three events, two births and one death that occurred on the same day of the year you were born.

The second meme is very simple. Just write about where you were at three points in time: one year ago, five years ago and ten years ago.

I'll respond to the second one this weekend for reasons which will become clear later. As for the first one, on my birthday ...

Events
1785 - United States dollar is unanimously chosen as the monetary unit for the United States.

1908 - Robert Peary sets sail for the Arctic on the expedition on which he later reaches the North Pole.

1957 - John Lennon and Paul McCartney of The Beatles meet for the first time at the Walton Parish Church Garden Fete, Liverpool

Born
1747 - John Paul Jones, American naval commander. "I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."

1946 - George Walker Bush in New Haven, Connecticut. This one's for you Dan. I know how interested you are in our 43rd president from your frequent posts about him and his party on your blog.

Died
1932 - Kenneth Grahame, English children's author. Also famous church sign writer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tillerman-

You have a very twisted sense of humor.

:D

Dan

Post a Comment