Friday, August 31, 2012

3 Words



I went out for some solo practice on my Laser in Bristol today.

I can sum up the experience in 3 words....

1. Dazzling

What a superb day. Sunny. Warm. Bristol Harbor full of boats on their moorings with a few folk actually out sailing. Totally picturesque. Perfect late summer day. Only a slight twinge of regret that the days are starting to get shorter and soon will be getting cooler.

Enjoy it while you can.


2. Deceiving

The wind was 5-10 knots and at least one forecast said it would build. Actually it didn't build. It died a bit and shifted from SW to W. Then came back in for a while. Then died down a bit for a second time.

Oh well.


3. Distracting

I did over 30 tacks and then an uncounted number of gybes and some of them were almost OK. I did some windward mark roundings and some leeward mark roundings and some practice starts and some of them weren't too bad. I was so absorbed in what I was doing that I forgot all about the crap I read in the news this morning.

Some days you really need to go for a sail just to feel clean again.


No comments:

Post a Comment